Our client is in the middle of a digitization process in which a replacement of the current IT landscape and especially its core is being sought. This makes the role of SA interesting and essential.
Dit ga je doen
As a Solution Architect you are responsible for drawing up and managing the technical vision for all software solutions and their integrations (in-house development and 3rd party). Given this responsibility, you are a member of the management team of the IT Delivery department (consisting of approximately 50 people). The IT Delivery MT consists of 4 people; Solution Architect, Team Lead Development (Developers and testers), Team Lead FAM (Functional Application Maintenance) and an IT Delivery Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Technical/architectural leadership and support/coaching to the development teams
- Responsible for software quality from a technical/architectural point of view, development approach of the teams is essential
- Have and keep an overview of all developments and implementations
- Designing solutions (together with the teams) and validating solutions/models proposed by the teams
- Monitoring and improving the entire application landscape
- Coming up with proposals/improvements and being able to substantiate them well to the Enterprise Architects (with whom you also have a lot of contact) and the teams to stay in line with the IT Vision
- Communicate clearly to stakeholders about decisions taken, solutions chosen, whereby the underlying reasoning is shared and defended
- Supporting the organization by continuously striving for a healthier/better application landscape:
- Manage the consistency of the landscape and ensure that it complies with the own Development Standards and Architecture principles
- Defining, documenting, communicating and following the Steinweg Development Standards
- Prototyping solutions and explaining them to EAs and teams
- Participation in technology/software selection processes
- Future-oriented, looking for new trends/technologies and introducing them through POCs
- Keep Architects, teams, MT Team and CIO informed about technical decisions and ongoing projects/initiatives.
- Responsible for sustainable architecture and working towards a future proof architecture/solutions.
Dit ben jij
- bachelor or master of science in information technology (Computer science, information technology, software engineering or related field)
- >8 years of experience in software developments in business environments
- Familiarity with various operational systems (including Windows, UNIX) and databases (including MySQL, Informix, MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Good communication skills, not afraid to speak up, stand up for himself.
- Experience with architectural models:
- DYA (DYnamic Architecture)
- SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Togaf (The Open Group Architecture Framework)
Personal characteristics and competencies
- You are a team player;
- Hands on mentality and problem solving thinking
- Organization and leadership qualities
- In-depth knowledge of software landscapes and technologies
- Able to empathize with the business (need) of our client
- Being able to understand IT issues, trends, but also business trends
- Be able to think (together with PMs/teams) about PM matters such as deliverables, scope and planning
Over de organisatie
From storage and transhipment to transport and from stevedore work to processing and packaging. With our client, the goods of their customers are in the best hands. Whatever the logistical question, they always provide a suitable answer. Professional, safe and trusted. They do this throughout their global network, in more than 100 locations and in more than 50 countries. They are inventive and provide customization where necessary. Their highest goal: to offer customers the best service and highest quality in a sustainable way. With more than 5,500 colleagues worldwide, they make this happen every day. In the Netherlands, our client is active with approximately 1,000 colleagues at various locations.
Dit krijg je
- A challenging and versatile position in a dynamic organization;
- Nice colleagues;
- The ability to contribute to a changing organization;
- Salary in line with the market and good secondary employment conditions;
- International working environment;
- Full time job with opportunities to develop yourself further;
- Location Rotterdam.