Are you a highly motivated problem-solver looking for a challenge? Come and join a team of like-minded colleagues committed to making a real difference to everyone’s safety.
Dit ga je doen
As an Embedded Engineer, you will contribute to the safety of everyday people by leveraging your skills in MicroPython, C, C++, Hardware, and all other facets of Embedded Engineering. Both our cutting-edge hardware devices and software packages are currently developed in-house which will present many challenges for you to take on.
You will be part of the team working on the embedded iMatch (Biometric and Identity solutions) products. Today we have our current iMatch FAP 20, 45 and 50 types, but we aim to start designing also a new generation of iMatch products.
Do you want to focus on multiple projects or just 1 project? Both are possible at BPI Services even though your focus will be largely on iMatch. As a small company, we stand among the multinationals, and we offer products built by a small team of developers. You regularly spar with colleagues and advise our customers on the best tools and techniques. With us you can make an actual impact and you will have a big influence on the technical implementation of the products. This ensures we can deliver excellent cutting-edge products for large organizations , governments and police forces around the world.
Do you feel at home in a small organization where the feeling of a family business prevails? The team is large and experienced enough to learn a lot but small enough to take on a lot of responsibility. BPI Services is a healthy, stable company with a growth ambition and colleagues with diverse senior knowledge.
Dit ben jij
In addition to your knowledge of Embedded Engineering, you possess a hefty dose of ambition and creativity. You want to commit to your own growth, that of the team, and the organization. You are interested in emerging technologies, and you want to share your vision and knowledge with the team.
Other essential skills and requirements:
- Proficiency in C, C++ or Rust
- Experience with (Micro)Python
- Understanding of hardware interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, GPIO)
- Knowledge of board bring-up, hardware debugging, and troubleshooting
- Able to read hardware schematics, Chip Datasheets, and low-level Programming manuals
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a similar domain.
- You are able to provide a good VOG (Statement of Behavior)
- You live in the Netherlands
You can gain an edge if you are experienced with the following:
- Experience with Logic analyzers (e.g. Saleae)
- ICAO 9303 standard experience for NFC document reading
- Understanding of cross-compilation tools (Buildroot, Yocto) and kernel internals.
- Experience with Linux command line and shell scripting.
- Experience with kernel configuration, compilation, customization, and device drivers.
- Familiarity with Linux boot process, file systems, and networking.
- Knowledge of real-time operating systems (RTOS) and debugging tools (GDB, KGDB, KDB).Experience with Bluetooth
- MicroPython experience
- Swift (iOS) experience
- Java (Android) experience
- Understanding of PCB design and electrical engineering
Over de organisatie
BPI is our name, Bold Practical Innovators. 100% driven and
dedicated people-oriented innovation and implementation of smart Tech & Al
solutions in the field of security and identification. We work in the domains
of Biometric & Identity Solutions, Onboarding & Verification Solutions
and Self-management & Monitoring Solutions.
Due to growth of our operations and clients, we are
recruiting a Software Engineer with passion to overachieve customers’
Dit krijg je
BPI Services wants to more than double in size over the next 2 to 3 years. You automatically grow with it, there is a bonus scheme, you get a laptop and you work in a super nice team with experienced colleagues. In addition, we offer you;
- A good salary that matches your knowledge and experience
- 24 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- Many opportunities to expand your knowledge through courses, training and education
- Hybrid work capabilities