As the Business Architect, with a holistic view of our client current and future business, process & technology design, you drive changes within the company.
Dit ga je doen
What challenge do you take on?
Being a Business Architect, you design business architectures in alignment with IT architectures. You focus on the organization of business processes and the information used. You optimize from a customer perspective, “from outside in”, balancing the interests of a standardized and efficient business design, “from the inside out”.
Architecture is of strategic value to our client. The business and IT complexity are enormous. Excellent insight into the current and desired operating models is necessary to (continuously) reduce complexity, serve their clients optimally and reduce the cost of operation. You play a crucial role in this. Clients, services, colleagues, information and applications merge into processes.
On one hand you create architecture models and frameworks, on the other you apply them in strategical and tactical initiatives, as a trusted advisor to senior management and change teams. You balance many initiatives; stakeholder needs and priorities at the same time. This makes the work very varied and demanding.
What will you do exactly?
Framework: you translate the companies mission, vision and strategy into the company’s target operating model (target architectures):
- Prepare and maintain the Current State and Future State business architectures;
- with focus on the organization of business processes and the information used therein;
- Create and maintain guiding principles for change;
- Create and maintain the roadmap to realize the target architecture;
- Stakeholder management.
Application-oriented: you translate a Business Owner’s vision and policy into the solution design:
- Create an initiative’s Project Start Architecture / High Level Design and govern the implementation process;
- with a focus on business processes and the information used therein;
- Provide architecture support where needed.
Monitoring: you monitor all initiatives adhere to the future state.
Advice: based on vision of developments in the market and technology, and insight into the organization of the company, you provide input to strategy and policy.
You actively promote Architecture within the company.
You constantly coordinate with fellow architects to achieve a coherent Enterprise architecture.
You report to the Managing Director Business Architecture.
Dit ben jij
- You have an academic working and thinking level;
- You have demonstrable experience in roles as Business Architect, Process Architect, Information Architect or Application Architect with a strong process focus;
- You have a so-called T-profile – you are versatile as an architect in the business domains; you also have a specialization in process architectures and the organization of business processes;
- You have thorough knowledge of architecture methods, models (preferably Novius Architecture Framework), modeling techniques (Archimate, BPMN) and tools;
- Experience with insurance processes is an advantage;
- Communicative and socially skilled;
- Trusted advisor to senior leadership;
- Good in relationship management
- Analytically and conceptually strong;
- Eye for detail and pragmatic;
- Excellent in explaining complex matters to a wide range of stakeholders;
- Creative and flexible mind (out-of-the box);
- Customer centered;
- Entrepreneurial and proactive teamplayer;
- Eager to learn and apply new concepts, technologies and methodologies;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both spoken and written.
Over de organisatie
Our client is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. They are the largest insurance broker in The Netherlands. The organization helps customers to more easily reach their goals. They enable their 2600 colleagues to develop themselves and be successful together in an inclusive work environment. What sets our client apart is knowledge, data and its people.
The Business Architecture team consists of 2 Business Architects and 1 Technology Architect, led by the Enterprise Architect. Every architect has a T-shaped profile – they possess excellent knowledge of and skills in specific architectural domains and are knowledgeable or skilled in several others. They form a close working team.
Dit krijg je
- Architecture is of strategic value to our client. The business and IT complexity are enormous. You play a crucial role in this challenging working environment.
- They realize that no one is the same, which is why we offer a flexible salary component in addition to the fixed monthly salary. You can use this for a variety of purposes, including a gross payment, extra vacation days or extra pension
In addition, they offer:
- A bonus scheme;
- A non-contributory pension;
- A sustainable employability budget;
- The possibility to work from home for part of the working week.